The following resources are developed for the introduction course.
Reading material includes these chapters from the i-Base advocacy training manual.
- Immune system and CD4 count
- Virology, HIV and viral load
- Introduction to anti-retrovirals (ARVs)
- Side effects of ARVs
- Opportunistic infections (OIs) and coinfections
- HIV and pregnancy
- Drug users and HIV
- Clinical trials and research
The introduction course is also developed as a visual course and includes the following additional pictures, tables and graphs.
Workshop 1 – Introduction to your body and your immune system
Workshop 2 – HIV and virology (the study of viruses)
Workshop 3 – Introduction to ARVs