HIV Research for Prevention Conference (HIVR4P) 2016
18 October 2016. Related: News.
Simon Collins, HIV i-Base
This second biennial HIV Research for Prevention (HIVR4P) conference is being held this year in Chicago from 17 to 21 October.
Although the conference programme is now online, this doesn’t currently link to the study abstracts, and the poster abstract file is currently password protected until either the study has been presented or the conference ends.
These are also available, including for posters via an App that is free to download, though this is also password protected until the end of the meeting.
The programme this year includes a strong focus on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) including the pipeline for new formulations and compounds.
Importantly all oral sessions will be webcast 24 hours after the presentation.
At the end of the meeting, abstracts are published as an open-access supplement to AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses (www.liebertpub.com/aid). Many conference posters will be available to view and download online (www.abstractstosubmit.com/hivr4p2016/eposter).
Webcasts (available 24 hours after presentations):
http://hivr4p.org/images/HIVR4P_2016_Abstract_Book.pdf (PDF – password protected until the end of the conference)
App: Search Apple Store or PlayStore for “HIVR4P2016”
Early HTB reports are listed below and further reports will be added as they become available.
- A burgeoning PrEP pipeline: dozens of new drugs, formulations and delivery options
- Second case of drug resistant HIV infection in person adherent on PrEP
- Potential for EFdA as PrEP to prevent HIV transmission in women and their infants
- PrEP can be used by breastfeeding mothers without risk to the baby
- Antibody therapy leads to sustained post-treatment SIV control in macaques