HTB supplement with a focus on southern Africa produced and distributed in partnership with the Southern African HIV Clinicians’ Society.
Editor: Polly Clayden. Contributing editor: Simon Collins. ISSN 2046-9373.
Subscriptions are free.
Each issue of HTB South is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- Volume 7 Number 2 April/June 2014 1 June 2014.
- 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 3-6 March 2014, Boston 1 June 2014.
- No HIV transmissions with undetectable viral load: interim PARTNER study results show need for longer follow-up 1 June 2014.
- PrEP injections every three months may protect against exposure from anal sex 1 June 2014.
- ARV pipeline: doravirine, GSK-744 and BMS-068 1 June 2014.
- Viral load rebound rate of 35% using ritonavir-boosted PI monotherapy: results of five-year PIVOT study 1 June 2014.
- Dual therapy less effective at high viral load: NEAT 001 study with raltegravir/darunavir/r 1 June 2014.
- Atazanavir, raltegravir and darunavir virologically equivalent in naive patients but significant differences for tolerability: results from ACTG 5257 1 June 2014.
- Pharmacokinetic targets for efavirenz might be too high 1 June 2014.
- Abacavir link to cardiovascular events in high-risk patients maintained in D:A:D study 1 June 2014.
- NNRTI resistance found in 12% of people stopping treatment with undetectable viral load: implications for stock-outs 1 June 2014.
- HIV related infections remain the leading cause of maternal deaths in South Africa despite the availability of ART 1 June 2014.
- Lower newborn bone mineral content with maternal tenofovir use 1 June 2014.
- Paediatric pipeline: CROI 2014 update on new antiretrovirals for children 1 June 2014.
- Efavirenz maintenance therapy effective in children exposed to nevirapine prophylaxis 1 June 2014.
- Xpert TB test has important advantages but does not reduce morbidity 1 June 2014.
- Moxifloxacin and rifapentine: we need better trials 1 June 2014.
- Trials show further benefits for cotrimoxazole in children and adults 1 June 2014.
- Reports of a second baby possibly cured of HIV: uncertainty remains 1 June 2014.
- Medicines Patent Pool adds dolutegravir 1 June 2014.