HTB supplement with a focus on southern Africa produced and distributed in partnership with the Southern African HIV Clinicians’ Society.
Editor: Polly Clayden. Contributing editor: Simon Collins. ISSN 2046-9373.
Subscriptions are free.
Each issue of HTB South is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- January/March 2015: Volume 8 Number 1 1 March 2015.
- 2015 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 23-26 February 2015, Seattle 1 March 2015.
- Pipeline ART: tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) 1 March 2015.
- Pipeline ART: maturation inhibitors and an attachment inhibitor 1 March 2015.
- No HIV transmissions between gay couples when viral load is undetectable: preliminary results from “Opposites Attract” study in Australia, Thailand and Brazil 1 March 2015.
- PrEP reduced HIV risk by at least 86% in PROUD: no transmissions likely from people taking meds 1 March 2015.
- “On demand” PrEP dosing in IPERGAY: 86% reduced risk of HIV, no transmissions with active drug use 1 March 2015.
- Other HIV PrEP studies at CROI 2015: implementation of oral PrEP and problems with tenofovir gel 1 March 2015.
- Early HIV treatment and isoniazid prophylaxis: why TEMPRANO results do not yet support universal ART at CD4 counts >500 1 March 2015.
- Unintended pregnancies with levonorgestrel implant due to drug interactions with efavirenz-based ART 1 March 2015.
- Three drug ART best for preventing vertical transmission to infants: results from the PROMISE study 1 March 2015.
- 3 in 5 breastfeeding women with viral load >1,000 copies/mL are undiagnosed in Kenya, Malawi and South Africa 1 March 2015.
- Point of care HIV PCR test for infant diagnosis: good performance but poorer results in youngest age group 1 March 2015.
- Weekend-off ART is non-inferior to continuous ART in young people taking efavirenz-based regimens: results from BREATHER study 1 March 2015.
- Increased cardiovascular risks in HIV positive children in Uganda and Zambia partially reversed by ART 1 March 2015.
- Lopinavir/ritonavir in young children is superior to nevirapine after five years: results from long term follow up of IMPAACT P1060 1 March 2015.
- Long-term safety and efficacy of tenofovir in children 1 March 2015.
- UK case of HIV remission: ten years off-ART in patient with prior progression and treated during seroconversion 1 March 2015.
- XXIV International HIV Drug Resistance Workshop , 21-22 February 2015, Seattle, Washington 1 March 2015.
- Prevalence of transmitted drug resistance globally: highest in Australia, US and some European countries but between-country differences in all regions 1 March 2015.