HTB supplement with a focus on southern Africa produced and distributed in partnership with the Southern African HIV Clinicians’ Society.
Editor: Polly Clayden. Contributing editor: Simon Collins. ISSN 2046-9373.
Subscriptions are free.
Each issue of HTB South is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- Life expectancy in South Africa is increasing, but drug-resistant TB is a threat 2 April 2014.
- Medicines Patent Pool adds dolutegravir 2 April 2014.
- Volume 6 Number 4 October/December 2013 23 December 2013.
- CROI website still blocked 1 December 2013.
- 53rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), 10-13 September 2013, Denver 1 December 2013.
- Raltegravir safe and effective in pregnancy in small French study 1 December 2013.
- Side effects common but mostly mild in women taking higher dose protease inhibitors in pregnancy 1 December 2013.
- Good safety profile with long-acting integrase inhibitor GSK744 1 December 2013.
- TAF comparable to TDF in once-daily pill for ART-naive: 48-week results 1 December 2013.
- Dolutegravir superior to darunavir at 48 weeks in open-label ART-naive trial 1 December 2013.
- 7th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, 30 June – 3 July 2013, Kuala Lumpur 1 December 2013.
- High prices for antiretrovirals in middle-income countries outside Africa 1 December 2013.
- Comparable efficacy and pregnancy outcomes with boosted atazanavir and lopinavir at standard doses 1 December 2013.
- PrEP gives little extra benefit in attempted conception if male partner is on ART 1 December 2013.
- Cobicistat approved as pharmacokinetic (PK) booster for atazanavir and darunavir in EU prior to the US 1 December 2013.
- NHS England approves four-in-one Stribild (Quad) for limited use 1 December 2013.
- Dolutegravir approved in the US 1 December 2013.
- ViiV goes for gold: US premium pricing may make dolutegravir redundant in the UK 1 December 2013.
- From sky high to CHAI* – what needs to be done about dolutegravir pricing? 1 December 2013.
- Pharmacokinetics of etravirine with once-daily and twice-daily dosing 1 December 2013.