12th European AIDS Society Conference (EACS), 11-14 November 2009, Cologne
In this issue we continue reports from this European conference that is held every two years.
This year a comprehensive programme of lectures and sessions available as webcasts and podcasts and include many of the slide sets:
Access requires a free one-time registration using the invitation code: EACS2009
The abstracts from the meeting do not appear to be available online, but are published in HIV Medicine (2009, volume 10, issue S2).
The following reports are included in this issue.
- Screening for anal cancer recommended for HIV-positive men
- Once-daily darunavir/r monotherapy is suboptimal as initial regimen in treatment-naïve people
- Central fat accumulation remains a significant problem in patients starting HAART after 2005 with higher incidence in women compared to men
- Gender-based differences in patients receiving antiretroviral therapy
- Pilot PK study of two generic paediatric formulations of lopinavir/ritonavir vs originator products
- TMC278 does not show teratogenic potential in animal models
- No clinically relevant interactions between TMC278 and oral contraceptives (norethindrone plus ethinylestradiol)
- Etravirine pregnancy data from five cases: no dose adjustment required