3rd International Workshop on HIV and Women, 14-15 January 2013, Toronto, Canada
The International Workshop on HIV and women is held annually in January and is now in its third year.
This year’s meeting included several useful overviews notably on contraception and the risk of transmission and acquisition, drug interactions with contraception, women and hepatitis C, and ageing in women with HIV.
Workshop materials – the abstract book and slide presentations – are online.
Reports in this issue include:
- Nevirapine-containing ART does not reduce combined oral contraceptive effectiveness
- Minimal risk of sexual HIV transmission for heterosexual couples when the HIV positive partner has an undetectable viral load
- Differences by age for women in response to initial ART: meta- analysis from clinical studies submitted to the FDA
- Lopinavir/ritonavir in pregnancy: results from a systematic review
- Possible mechanisms for adverse pregnancy outcomes in HIV positive women