10th International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of HIV Therapy, 15-17 April 2009, Amsterdam
The following reports from this meeting have been largely compiled from the abstracts of these studies.
It is disappointing that the abstracts from the virology-education meetings are not published online, and that only a selection of presentations from the meeting are available.
A useful summary report of the drug-interaction studies presented at the meeting is available on the Liverpool University website ( in the April 2009 news archive).
Reports in this issue are:
- Interactions between ARVs and antimalarials atovaquone and proguanil
- Efavirenz-related studies: genetics, smoking and TDM
- Atazanavir: a suitable case for TDM?
- A CYP2B6 haplotype influences nevirapine plasma concentrations following a single dose to reduce mother to child transmission
- Population pharmacokinetic model of nevirapine maternal to infant transfer through breastfeeding
- Phenotypic and genotypic inhibitory quotients and virologic response in treatment experienced children
- Tenofovir pharmacokinetics in three tenofovir-containing regimens in children and adolescents
- Bioavailability of Thai generic lopinavir/ritonavir