2nd HIV Research for Prevention Conference (HIVR4P) 2016, 17-20 October 2016, Chicago
This second biennial HIV Research for Prevention (HIVR4P) conference was held this year in Chicago from 17 to 21 October.
Although the conference programme is online, this does not link to the study abstracts, but the abstract are available as a PDF file. These are also available using an App that is free to download.
The programme was very varied and included a strong focus this year on the pipeline for new formulations and compounds for pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
Importantly, all oral sessions are webcast 24 hours after the presentations.
Abstracts are published as an open-access supplement to AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. (http://www.liebertpub.com/aid). Many conference posters are available to view and download online.
Search Apple Store or PlayStore for “HIVR4P2016”
The following reports from this conference are included in this issue of HTB.
- A burgeoning PrEP pipeline: new drugs, formulations and delivery options
- Second case of drug resistant HIV infection in person adherent on PrEP
- TDF/FTC can be used as PrEP by breastfeeding mothers without risk to the baby
- Potential for EFdA as PrEP to prevent HIV transmission in women and their infants
- Antibody therapy leads to sustained post-treatment SIV control in macaques