As with everything else in your pregnancy, you have choices for how your baby will be born.
Some women prefer a vaginal birth and some women prefer a C-section.
These are things to discuss with your health team.
Vaginal delivery is now routinely recommended when viral load is undetectable.
The link below include more information.
- Can I have a vaginal delivery?
- Caesarean section.
- Can I have a vaginal birth if I have had a Caesarean before?
- Why is a Caesarean sometimes recommended if you are HIV positive?
- When should I have a planned Caesarean section?
- What if my waters break before my planned Caesarean section?
- Will a Caesarean section now stop me having a vaginal in the future?
- What else do I need to remember for the birth?