A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
Volume 14 Number 11/12 November/December 2013
TB and children, reports from EACS, optimistic support for the Global Fund, efavirenz and risk of suicide, i-Base vacancies...
44th Union World Conference on Lung Health, 30 October – 3 November 2013, Paris
Largest meeting on lung health with report on first and second line TB treatment for children
14th European AIDS Conference (EACS), 16-19 October 2013, Brussels
More then ten reports from EACS 2013, including new ARVs, recreational drug use by gay men, side effects and bone health...
Recreational drug use is common in HIV positive gay men and is extensive in a significant minority
UK study reports high rates of recreational drug use with implications for HIV positive men
HTB supplement: 2013 pipeline report online
HIV, hepatItIs C vIrus (HCV), and tuberculosIs (TB) drugs, diagnostics, vaccInes, and prevention technologIes in development
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- BMS agrees to include atazanavir in the patent pool 12 December 2013.
- HIV rebounds in Boston stem cell transplant recipients 10 December 2013.
- Volume 14 Number 11/12 November/December 2013 1 December 2013.
- Guide to HIV and HCV coinfection (November 2013) 1 December 2013.
- 44th Union World Conference on Lung Health, 30 October – 3 November 2013, Paris 1 December 2013.
- Preventing and treating TB in children – more baby steps 1 December 2013.
- 14th European AIDS Conference (EACS), 16-19 October 2013, Brussels 1 December 2013.
- Dolutegravir superior to darunavir/r at week 48 in open label treatment naïve study 1 December 2013.
- GSK744: 24-week results with oral integrase inhibitor planned for once-monthly injections 1 December 2013.
- Cenicriviroc: 48 week results compared to efavirenz 1 December 2013.
- Approaches to once-daily raltegravir: new formulation likely to require food 1 December 2013.
- DSMB stops boosted atazanavir monotherapy study due to virological failure 1 December 2013.
- Recreational drug use is common in HIV positive gay men and is extensive in a significant minority 1 December 2013.
- Caution against prolonged use of bisphosphonates in patients with mild-moderate fracture risk 1 December 2013.
- Osteoporosis triples risk of later fracture in 1000-person US HIV group 1 December 2013.
- Bone turnover marker changes early in ART predict bone loss after 96 week 1 December 2013.
- Low HDL cholesterol is main lipid abnormality in HIV+/HIV- comparison 1 December 2013.
- Classic risk factors, but not HIV, linked to arterial stiffness in middle-aged 1 December 2013.
- Elvitegravir approved in EU: data on food and drug interactions 1 December 2013.
- ViiV file 572-trii fixed dose combination in the US: positive opinion to approve dolutegravir in the EU 1 December 2013.