A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
The PrEP experience: IAS 2015 and beyond
New data to help inform dosing strategies: review of over 30 PrEP studies...
16th International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of HIV & Hepatitis Therapy, 26-28 May 2015, Washington DC
Five reports including interactions with oral contraceptives, ARVs during pregnancy, dolutegravir placental transfer and paediatric darunavir dosing...
Two new UK community PrEP websites
Two new independent sites with information on PrEP, including on how to buy generic meds online...
Australian doctors advice for buying generic sofosbuvir for HepC
How to to buy generic sofosbuvir online to overcome restricted NHS access due to exorbitant pricing...
Tribute to Bob Munk: long-time HIV positive US treatment activist and educator
Our coverage from IAS 2015 is dedicated to our friend and long time colleague...
HTB supplement: 2015 Pipeline Report
Activist review of latest research into HIV, HCV and TB: drugs for adults and children, dose optimisation, diagnostics, prevention, cure and vaccines...
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- PrEP to become available free in France 26 November 2015.
- Tenofovir alefanamide (TAF) approved – but only as part of a fixed dose combination 23 November 2015.
- French cohort of HIV transgender women highlights issues relating to HIV management 9 November 2015.
- PrEP efficacy for transgender women: new analysis from iPrEX study 9 November 2015.
- 15th European AIDS Conference (EACS), 21-24 October 2015, Barcelona 1 November 2015.
- Potential for generic prices for 12 weeks sofosbuvir treatment to drop below US $300 and daclatasvir to US $23 1 November 2015.
- Two-drug first-line ART with dolutegravir plus 3TC: 24-week early results 1 November 2015.
- New European HIV guidelines (October 2015): universal ART, first-line integrase inhibitors and PrEP… 1 November 2015.
- Achieving viral suppression with HIV multi-drug resistance: peg-interferon and valaciclovir as part of rescue therapy 1 November 2015.
- Remarkable results with dolutegravir monotherapy… 1 November 2015.
- Impact of early ART on lung function: important results on ART and COPD from START substudy 1 November 2015.
- September/October 2015: Volume 16 Number 9/10 21 October 2015.
- Sept/Oct 2015: Volume 16 Number 9/10 1 October 2015.
- Two new i-Base resources: Introduction to ART booklet and a Pocket ART leaflet 1 October 2015.
- 55th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), 17-21 September 2015, San Diego 1 October 2015.
- No transmission of integrase-resistant HIV seen in California cohort 1 October 2015.
- Doubled hypogonadism rate in middle-aged men with HIV: fat is a factor 1 October 2015.
- Protection against flu but not HBV in vaccinated perinatally HIV-infected children 1 October 2015.
- 8th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (IAS 2015), 19-22 July 2015, Vancouver, Canada 1 October 2015.
- The PrEP experience: IAS 2015 and beyond 1 October 2015.