A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
Volume 15 Number 7/8 July/August 2014
Reports from AIDS 2014 and the paediatric and INTEREST workshops, London guidelines, doultegravir access in the UK, sofosbuvir pricing (yes again), plus more...
Open label oral PrEP at four doses a week: why zero infections does not equal 100% efficacy
Generally low uptake of free oral PrEP, great efficacy, but problems with adherence still results in transmissions...
Cure research at IAS 2014: TILDA measures the reservoir and romidepsin wakes it up
Latest news on cure research… timeline for a cure, a new test to measure the latent reservoir, and first results showing that sleeping cells can be targeted to wake
US Senate investigate Gilead for sofosbuvir price: potential to bankrupt Federal healthcare and add $300 annually to every American insurance premium for the next five years
PR disaster for Gilead continues - UK access still blocked by price for the vast majority of people living with hepatitis C
HTB supplement: 2014 Pipeline Report
Annual review of advances in HIV, HCV and TB: new drugs,strategies and vaccine research
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- Volume 15 Number 7/8 July/August 2014 1 August 2014.
- 20th International AIDS Conference, 20-25 July 2014, Melbourne 1 August 2014.
- The loss of friends and colleagues from flight MH 17 1 August 2014.
- Higher ART coverage is associated with lower HIV infection rates in a multi-country analysis 1 August 2014.
- Pill A, Pill B: simplified second-line treatment for low-income countries 1 August 2014.
- UNAIDS sets 90-90-90 target for 2020 to end AIDS by 2030 1 August 2014.
- No difference in overall anaemia rate with reduced dose AZT 1 August 2014.
- Open label oral PrEP at four doses a week: why zero infections does not equal 100% efficacy 1 August 2014.
- Cure research at IAS 2014: TILDA measures the reservoir and romidepsin wakes it up 1 August 2014.
- HIV and transgender issues at AIDS 2014 1 August 2014.
- Transgender services and clinics: interviews at AIDS 2014 with JoAnne Keatley and Beatriz Grinsztejn 1 August 2014.
- Publications launched at AIDS 2014 1 August 2014.
- 6th International Workshop on HIV Paediatrics, 18-19 July 2014, Melbourne 1 August 2014.
- Update on paediatric antiretrovirals 1 August 2014.
- Is d4T a viable option for children in low-income countries? 1 August 2014.
- 3TC or FTC monotherapy suboptimal as a bridging strategy for adolescents 1 August 2014.
- Rationalising the paediatric antiretroviral formulary in Malawi 1 August 2014.
- Time to first-line failure in the IeDEA cohort 1 August 2014.
- Influence of early ART on antibody detection in children 1 August 2014.
- 8th International Workshop on HIV Treatment, Pathogenesis and Prevention Research in Resource-Poor Settings (INTEREST), 5-6 May 2014, Lusaka, Zambia 1 August 2014.