A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
International Congress of Drug Therapy in HIV infection (Glasgow 2016), 23-26 October 2016
1000-fold mark up for drug prices, new ARVs, CNS side effects with dolutegravir, cure update
1000-fold mark-up for drug prices in high-income countries blocks access to HIV, HCV and cancer drugs
Opening talk in Glasgow shows extensive mark-up above manufacturing costs for global drugs....
2nd HIV Research for Prevention Conference (HIVR4P) 2016, 17-20 October 2016, Chicago
Review of dynamic PrEP pipeline and other reports on prevention research including viral control following antibody treatment in macaques...
CHAI’s ARV market report shows more people than ever on ART in 2015 – and on better ART: but still some way to go
ARV access report from one of the kay organisations behind global access to ART...
HIV positive and HIV negative pregnancies in the UK and Ireland have similar outcomes including for older women: impressive 15-year review
Impressive UK review of HIV-related pregnancies over the last 15 years...
HTB supplement: 2016 Pipeline Report
Activist review of pipeline research for HIV, HCV and TB
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- Women on lopinavir/ritonavir-based regimens at conception at higher risk of preterm delivery in UK study 23 February 2017.
- No increase in adverse birth outcomes with maternal TDF/FTC in US study 23 February 2017.
- Efavirenz, tenofovir and emtricitabine associated with fewest adverse birth outcomes in Botswana 20 February 2017.
- Dolutegravir monotherapy studies halted due to integrase resistance: dual therapy studies continue 17 February 2017.
- No evidence of accelerated brain ageing in HIV positive people on effective ART 16 February 2017.
- Acute infection with wild-type HIV on PrEP with good drug levels 16 February 2017.
- NRTI GS-9131 resurfaces at CROI 2017: in vitro sensitivity to nuke-resistant HIV 16 February 2017.
- Pharmacokinetics, safety and efficacy of dolutegravir in very young children 15 February 2017.
- Dolutegravir exposure increases when fixed dose combination tablets are crushed 15 February 2017.
- New NNRTI doravirine is non-inferior to darunavir/r in phase 3 treatment naive study 14 February 2017.
- Pharmacokinetics and full phase 2 results for bictegravir, a new integrase inhibitor 14 February 2017.
- Seattle-lite: pre-conference workshops – watch online 14 February 2017.
- Bictegravir vs dolutegravir: limited phase 2 results of new integrase inhibitor 14 February 2017.
- AT LAST: Gay men and transgender people get vaccine to prevent genital warts and anal cancer – impressive pilot results in England 17 January 2017.
- Four London clinics report dramatic drops in HIV incidence in gay men: PrEP, early testing and early ART are likely to be key 29 December 2016.
- New York reports fewer HIV diagnoses in 2015: target to reduce new infections by 75% by 2020 7 December 2016.
- NHS England fudges PrEP access and delays on-demand access to PrEP by years; blocks doctors from prescribing PrEP now 4 December 2016.
- November/December 2016: Volume 17 Number 11/12 29 November 2016.
- UK Guide to PrEP (2nd Edition) 29 November 2016.
- International Congress of Drug Therapy in HIV infection (Glasgow 2016), 23-26 October 2016 29 November 2016.