A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
23rd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI 2016), 22-25 February 2016, Boston
Reports from CROI 2016 covering dozens of key studies: PrEP, new drugs, access and cure...
Future oral and long-acting formulations for PrEP: pills, films, gels, injections and depots
Exciting news for new compounds being studied for PrEP
Treatment as Prevention (TasP) in the UK supports access to ART at any CD4 count
TasP provides access to ART for people in the UK with high CD4 counts...
HTB supplement: 2015 Pipeline Report
Activist review of latest research into HIV, HCV and TB: drugs for adults and children, dose optimisation, diagnostics, prevention, cure and vaccines...
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- High cure rates using generic hepatitis C drugs bought online: EASL supports lower cost access for Western countries 16 April 2016.
- Two large PrEP studies using two-month infusion of antibodies to prevent HIV infection: oral PrEP included for all participants 8 April 2016.
- March/April 2016: Volume 17 Number 3/4 22 March 2016.
- 23rd Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI 2016), 22-25 February 2016, Boston 22 March 2016.
- Dual long-acting injections of cabotegravir plus rilpivirine: 32-week results from LATTE-2 study 22 March 2016.
- New NRTI MK-8591 (EFdA): weekly oral dosing and once-yearly slow-release dosing has potential for HIV treatment and PrEP 22 March 2016.
- Similar viral load reductions at week 4 when dolutegravir is used with 2- or 3-drug initial ART 22 March 2016.
- 48-week results for NNRTI doravirine compared to efavirenz 22 March 2016.
- Dramatic increase in use of oral TDF/FTC for PrEP in the US – plus a few cautions 22 March 2016.
- Future oral and long-acting formulations for PrEP: pills, films, gels, injections and depots 22 March 2016.
- First data on TAF as PrEP to prevent HIV infection 22 March 2016.
- Long-acting cabotegravir as PrEP protects macaques against IV exposure but will need two-monthly injections 22 March 2016.
- Role for maraviroc as HIV PrEP likely to need dual combinations 22 March 2016.
- Dapivirine PrEP vaginal ring shows only limited PrEP protection against HIV in African women 22 March 2016.
- Early data from dolutegravir use during pregnancy 22 March 2016.
- Dolutegravir: 48 week results in children age 6 to 12 years old 22 March 2016.
- New antiretrovirals could mean savings up to US $3 billion by 2025 22 March 2016.
- Countries with lower HIV prevalence have lower ART coverage 22 March 2016.
- Nigerian herbal medicines widely used by HIV positive people can contain antiretrovirals 22 March 2016.
- Cure research news from CROI 2016 22 March 2016.