A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
Volume 15 Number 1/2 January/February 2014
Women and HIV, research update on HIV persistence and cure, sofosbuvir approved for hepatitis C in the US and Europe, priced at $1000 a day...
4th International Workshop on HIV & Women, 13-14 January 2014, Washington
Inadequate data in women, use of efavirenz, contraceptive choices, bone disease, the qHPV vaccine and ARV exposure during pregnancy to uninfected babies...
6th International Workshop on HIV Persistence During Therapy, 3-6 December 2013, Miami, USA
Comprehensive overview of recent workshop of research underpinning the search for a cure...
BHIVA update adult ARV guidelines
Released with little publicity, even from BHIVA, this update includes important changes on choice of ARVs and to the management of HIV and hepatitis coinfection.
Sofosbuvir approved in the US and Europe for HCV genotypes 1-6
Approval of one of the most anticipated new hepatitis C drugs is eclipsed by its $1000 a day price tag.
HTB supplement: 2013 pipeline report online
HIV, hepatItIs C vIrus (HCV), and tuberculosIs (TB) drugs, diagnostics, vaccInes, and prevention technologIes in development
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 3-6 March 2014, Boston 7 March 2014.
- Reports of a second baby possibly cured of HIV: uncertainty remains 7 March 2014.
- Xpert TB test doesn’t reduce morbidity but it does have important advantages 7 March 2014.
- Viral load rebounds in 35% of people using PI/r monotherapy: results of five-year PIVOT study 7 March 2014.
- Low risk of sexual HIV transmission with undetectable viral load: interim PARTNER study results show need for longer follow-up 4 March 2014.
- Volume 15 Number 1/2 January/February 2014 PDF 1 February 2014.
- Job vacancies: treatment advocate and medical writer 1 February 2014.
- Volume 15 Number 1/2 January/February 2014 1 February 2014.
- 4th International Workshop on HIV & Women, 13-14 January 2014, Washington 1 February 2014.
- Women, HIV research and antiretrovirals 1 February 2014.
- Improved virological outcomes for women starting efavirenz-based first-line regimens in South Africa 1 February 2014.
- High rates of pregnancy in HIV positive women in Zambia and South Africa 1 February 2014.
- Contraceptive choices among a Canadian cohort of HIV positive women 1 February 2014.
- Bone disease and older HIV positive women 1 February 2014.
- Lower immune response to the qHPV vaccine in HIV positive girls 1 February 2014.
- HIV exposed vs unexposed babies have lower gestational age and birth weight in Danish study 1 February 2014.
- Outcomes in infants exposed to lopinavir/ritonavir in utero 1 February 2014.
- 17th International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa (ICASA), 7-11 December 2013, Cape Town 1 February 2014.
- Two percent rate of efavirenz discontinuation in an ART programme in Malawi 1 February 2014.
- 6th International Workshop on HIV Persistence During Therapy, 3-6 December 2013, Miami, USA 1 February 2014.