A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
International Congress of Drug Therapy in HIV infection (Glasgow 2016), 23-26 October 2016
1000-fold mark up for drug prices, new ARVs, CNS side effects with dolutegravir, cure update
1000-fold mark-up for drug prices in high-income countries blocks access to HIV, HCV and cancer drugs
Opening talk in Glasgow shows extensive mark-up above manufacturing costs for global drugs....
2nd HIV Research for Prevention Conference (HIVR4P) 2016, 17-20 October 2016, Chicago
Review of dynamic PrEP pipeline and other reports on prevention research including viral control following antibody treatment in macaques...
CHAI’s ARV market report shows more people than ever on ART in 2015 – and on better ART: but still some way to go
ARV access report from one of the kay organisations behind global access to ART...
HIV positive and HIV negative pregnancies in the UK and Ireland have similar outcomes including for older women: impressive 15-year review
Impressive UK review of HIV-related pregnancies over the last 15 years...
HTB supplement: 2016 Pipeline Report
Activist review of pipeline research for HIV, HCV and TB
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- AT LAST: Gay men and transgender people get vaccine to prevent genital warts and anal cancer – impressive pilot results in England 17 January 2017.
- Four London clinics report dramatic drops in HIV incidence in gay men: PrEP, early testing and early ART are likely to be key 29 December 2016.
- New York reports fewer HIV diagnoses in 2015: target to reduce new infections by 75% by 2020 7 December 2016.
- NHS England fudges PrEP access and delays on-demand access to PrEP by years; blocks doctors from prescribing PrEP now 4 December 2016.
- November/December 2016: Volume 17 Number 11/12 29 November 2016.
- UK Guide to PrEP (2nd Edition) 29 November 2016.
- International Congress of Drug Therapy in HIV infection (Glasgow 2016), 23-26 October 2016 29 November 2016.
- 1000-fold mark-up for drug prices in high-income countries blocks access to HIV, HCV and cancer drugs 29 November 2016.
- Once-daily raltegravir formulation matches twice-daily results in age, gender, race and baseline viral load/CD4 subgroup analyses 29 November 2016.
- Attachment inhibitor GSK-934/BMS-068: 96-week subgroup analysis in treatment-experienced patients 29 November 2016.
- Once-weekly albuvirtide infusion: early results of T-20-like compound 29 November 2016.
- Simplifying HIV treatment: dual therapy works but monotherapy with either boosted-PIs or dolutegravir does not 29 November 2016.
- Dolutegravir-based ART in combination with rifampicin-based TB treatment is safe in a small cohort of co-infected patients 29 November 2016.
- Further reports of CNS-related side effects with dolutegravir 29 November 2016.
- Generic PrEP bought online for UK use is validated by drug testing service 29 November 2016.
- Immunology and HIV persistence – implications for a cure 29 November 2016.
- Selected webcasts from Glasgow 2016 29 November 2016.
- 2nd HIV Research for Prevention Conference (HIVR4P) 2016, 17-20 October 2016, Chicago 29 November 2016.
- A burgeoning PrEP pipeline: dozens of new drugs, formulations and delivery options 29 November 2016.
- Second case of drug resistant HIV infection in person adherent on PrEP 29 November 2016.