A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
2015 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 23-26 February 2015, Seattle
16 reports from CROI 2015 - coving new drugs, oral and topical PrEP, women's health, HIV and children, PMTCT and a UK case of HIV remission...
Pipeline ART: tenofovir alafenamide (TAF)
Updates on TAF - the closest new ARV to approval - see also reports on maturation inhibitors and an attachment inhibitor...
PrEP reduced HIV risk by at least 86% in PROUD: no transmissions likely from people taking meds
UK study leads PrEP reports CROI 2015 with data that should ensure the NHS funds this for people at high risk - see also IPERGAY and other studies...
Unintended pregnancies with levonorgestrel implant due to drug interactions with efavirenz-based ART
This serious interaction is another reason to consider alternatives to efavirenz first-line: "Effective contraception for women on EFV-based ART is a public health priority."
London prescribing guidelines updated to include dolutegravir and Triumeq
Details of London recommendations following NHS England decision on dolutegravir...
HTB supplement: 2014 Pipeline Report
Annual review of advances in HIV, HCV and TB: new drugs,strategies and vaccine research
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- Broadly neutralising antibody suppresses HIV in clinical trial 10 April 2015.
- 2015 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI), 23-26 February 2015, Seattle 24 March 2015.
- March/April 2015: Volume 16 Number 3/4 24 March 2015.
- Pipeline ART: tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) 24 March 2015.
- Pipeline ART: maturation inhibitors and an attachment inhibitor 24 March 2015.
- No HIV transmissions between gay couples when viral load is undetectable: preliminary results from “Opposites Attract” study in Australia, Thailand and Brazil 24 March 2015.
- PrEP reduced HIV risk by at least 86% in PROUD: no transmissions likely from people taking meds 24 March 2015.
- “On demand” PrEP dosing in IPERGAY: 86% reduced risk of HIV, no transmissions with active drug use 24 March 2015.
- Other HIV PrEP studies at CROI 2015: implementation of oral PrEP and problems with tenofovir gel 24 March 2015.
- Early HIV treatment and isoniazid prophylaxis: why TEMPRANO results do not yet support universal ART at CD4 >500 cells/mm3 24 March 2015.
- Unintended pregnancies with levonorgestrel implant due to drug interactions with efavirenz-based ART 24 March 2015.
- Three drug ART best for preventing vertical transmission to infants: results from the PROMISE study 24 March 2015.
- 3 in 5 breastfeeding women with viral load >1,000 copies/mL are undiagnosed in Kenya, Malawi and South Africa 24 March 2015.
- Point of care HIV PCR test for infant diagnosis: good performance but poorer results in youngest age group 24 March 2015.
- Weekend-off ART is non-inferior to continuous ART in young people taking efavirenz-based regimens: results from BREATHER study 24 March 2015.
- Increased cardiovascular risks in HIV positive children in Uganda and Zambia partially reversed by ART 24 March 2015.
- Lopinavir/ritonavir superior to nevirapine in children <3 years old: IMPAACT P1060 five year results 24 March 2015.
- Long-term safety and efficacy of tenofovir in children 24 March 2015.
- UK case of HIV remission: ten years off-ART in patient with prior progression and treated during seroconversion 24 March 2015.
- XXIV International HIV Drug Resistance Workshop , 21-22 February 2015, Seattle, Washington 24 March 2015.