A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
45th Union World Conference on Lung Health, 28 October – 1 November 2014, Barcelona, Spain
Bedaqualine results in South Africa, PK and safety of moxifloxacin in children, results from the arrow trial and current second-line TB treatment for children...
London prescribing guidelines updated to include dolutegravir and Triumeq
Details of London recommendations following NHS England decision on dolutegravir...
Adequate cerebrospinal fluid exposure of efavirenz when dosed at 400 mg
Similar CNS drugs levels for 400 mg efavirenz: good for penetration but perhaps limits chance of lower side effects...
CMV associated with 50% increased risk of non-AIDS related mortality in HIV positive people
Analysis from Italian ICONA cohort study....
January/February 2015: Volume 16 Number 1/2
Reports from hepatitis and TB meetings, dolutegravir in England, new London guidelines, India rejects patent for Gilead's sofosbuvir, plus more...
HTB supplement: 2014 Pipeline Report
Annual review of advances in HIV, HCV and TB: new drugs,strategies and vaccine research
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- CROI webcasts online 25 February 2015.
- Three drug ART best for preventing vertical transmission to infants: results from the PROMISE study 25 February 2015.
- “On demand” PrEP dosing in IPERGAY: 86% reduced risk of HIV, no transmissions with active drug use 24 February 2015.
- PrEP reduced HIV risk by at least 86% in PROUD: no transmissions likely from people taking meds 24 February 2015.
- Q&A on the PROUD study and PrEP results from CROI 24 February 2015.
- K65R and tenofovir in non-B subtype and resource limited settings 24 February 2015.
- Pre-CROI meetings and workshops 24 February 2015.
- XXIV International HIV Drug Resistance Workshop 24 February 2015.
- Prevalence of transmitted drug resistance globally 24 February 2015.
- FDA approves fixed dose darunavir/cobicistat 19 February 2015.
- FDA approves fixed dose raltegravir/3TC formulation: Merck holds back from US marketing 18 February 2015.
- FDA approves fixed dose atazanavir/cobicistat 18 February 2015.
- Five Nations Conference on HIV and Hepatitis – 8-9 December 2014, London 29 January 2015.
- Summary of the pre-conference clinical course 29 January 2015.
- Hepatitis C drug access: Europe is the new Africa 29 January 2015.
- January/February 2015: Volume 16 Number 1/2 29 January 2015.
- 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health, 28 October – 1 November 2014, Barcelona, Spain 29 January 2015.
- Good outcomes within the National Bedaquiline Clinical Access programme in South Africa 29 January 2015.
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of moxifloxacin in children 29 January 2015.
- TB in the ARROW trial of children on ART 29 January 2015.