A not-for-profit community journal that reviews the most important advances in the clinical management of HIV and access to treatment.
18th International Workshop on Comorbidities, 12-13 September, New York, USA
Reports from this meeting on side effects: PrEP, integrase inhibitors, Atripla 3-day week and exercise
21st International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2016), 18-22 July 2016, Durban, South Africa
Further coverage from AIDS 2016 in Durban: reduced-dose ART, cost and access - especially during pregnancy, higher risk or eye complications and other news...
8th International Workshop on HIV Paediatrics, 15-16 July 2016. Durban, South Africa
Further reports from this annual workshop on HIV and children...
ZERO: no linked HIV transmissions in PARTNER study after couples had sex 58,000 times without condoms
ZERO linked HIV transmissions from the PARTNER study.
HTB supplement: 2016 Pipeline Report
Activist review of pipeline research for HIV, HCV and TB
Editor: Simon Collins. Contributing editor: Polly Clayden. ISSN 1472-4863.
Subscriptions are free — by post, email and online.
Each issue of HTB is circulated for comments to our medical review board.
- Further reports of CNS-related side effects with dolutegravir 26 October 2016.
- 1000-fold mark-up for drug prices in high income countries blocks access to HIV, HCV and cancer drugs 24 October 2016.
- A burgeoning PrEP pipeline: dozens of new drugs, formulations and delivery options 20 October 2016.
- Potential for EFdA as PrEP to prevent HIV transmission in women and their infants 19 October 2016.
- PrEP can be used by breastfeeding mothers without risk to the baby 18 October 2016.
- Second case of drug resistant HIV infection in person adherent on PrEP 18 October 2016.
- Antibody therapy leads to sustained post-treatment SIV control in macaques out to two years 18 October 2016.
- UK 2015 HIV statistics: high engagement with ART but new infections in gay men and late diagnosis overall still high 14 October 2016.
- New online database for patent expiry dates in low- and middle-income countries 13 October 2016.
- NICE evidence review supports efficacy of Truvada as PrEP in the UK 7 October 2016.
- September/October 2016: Volume 17 Number 9/10 1 October 2016.
- 18th International Workshop on Comorbidities, 12-13 September, New York, USA 1 October 2016.
- Fanconi-like lab abnormalities reported with daily PrEP: shows importance of routine kidney monitoring 1 October 2016.
- Bone loss with PrEP in MSM aged 13-24 1 October 2016.
- Neurological side effects with integrase inhibitors cause low rates of discontinuation in clinical practice 1 October 2016.
- Atripla three days a week for two years: pilot switch study reports undetectable viral load with better bone, kidneys and sleep 1 October 2016.
- Raltegravir increases waist circumference more than boosted PIs: greater with use of later ART 1 October 2016.
- Exercise associated with significantly reduced risk of serious health problems and higher CD4 counts in large multicentre US study 1 October 2016.
- 21st International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2016), 18-22 July 2016, Durban, South Africa 1 October 2016.
- Four day a week ART: sub-optimal drug levels but few virological failures 1 October 2016.