Easy to read, up-to-date guides to HIV treatment, and sexual transmission and testing of HIV.
New: UK guide to PrEP (2016)
Introduction to ART
HIV and your quality of life
HIV testing and risks of sexual transmission
Changing treatment and drug resistance (2015)
HIV, pregnancy and women’s health
What is ART (antiretroviral treatment)? How does it work? CD4 and viral load tests. When to start. Which drug. Side effects, adherence and resistance. September 2016.
Each med described with links to patient and prescribing info.
Side effects and living well with HIV. Talking with your doctor. Ageing well. Diet and exercise. Tips to help. August 2016.
Sexual health for you and your partner. Understanding transmission risks. How and when to test. What the results mean. July 2016.
Guide to PrEP in the UK. How to buy PrEP online. Options for dosing. Testing and monitoring. June 2016.
How HIV clinical trials work and why research is important. How to understand results. The role of the advocate in research. December 2015.
Planning your pregnancy. HIV treatment when pregnant. Important monitoring tests. Stopping your baby getting HIV. After baby is born. December 2015.
Side effects diary and other charts from our Treatment Passport. Record your CD4 count, viral load, treatment history and other information. September 2015
Second-line therapy and drug resistance. Why treatment stops working and when to change. February 2015.
What is hepatitis C? New drugs and treatment. Testing, diagnosis and monitoring. FibroScan and biopsy. Living with hepatitis C coinfection. November 2013.
Questions and answers
- I have a cd4 of 172, how long do I have to live? 2 December 2016
- I’ve been on treatment for 2 weeks, is it ok to have sex without a condom? 30 November 2016
- I’m taking atenef and having side effects, is it ok to take vitamins? 29 November 2016
- My cd4 is over 500, I’m taking meds, but the side effects are terrible. Can I stop? 28 November 2016
- Can I go back to first line treatment as I’m having too many side effects with 2nd line. 28 November 2016
- Q and A homepage