What is ART (antiretroviral treatment)? How does it work? CD4 and viral load tests. When to start. Which drug. Side effects, adherence and resistance. May 2018.
Second-line therapy and drug resistance. Why treatment stops working and when to change. December 2017.
Access to PrEP in the UK. How to buy PrEP online. Options for dosing. Testing and monitoring. September 2017.
Listing for each HIV drug with links to patient and prescribing info.
Six pictures with easy text to explain ART, the HIV lifecycle, adherence, test results, cure research and more. June 2017
What is hepatitis C? New drugs (DAAs) and access. Testing, diagnosis and monitoring. FibroScan. April 2017.
Side effects and living well with HIV. Talking with your doctor. Ageing well. Diet and exercise. Tips to help. August 2016.
Sexual health for you and your partner. Understanding transmission risks. How and when to test. What the results mean. July 2016.
How HIV clinical trials work and why research is important. How to understand results. The role of the advocate in research. December 2015.
Planning your pregnancy. HIV treatment when pregnant. Important monitoring tests. Stopping your baby getting HIV. After baby is born. December 2015.
Side effects diary and other charts from our Treatment Passport. Record your CD4 count, viral load, treatment history and other information. September 2015
i-Base can answer any question about HIV treatment. If we don't know the answer we will research it. And if there is no clear answer we will tell you.
- My viral load is undetectable, do I still need to take medication? 18 January 2019
- Does Atripla cause problems in a woman’s menstrual cycle? 9 January 2019
- My viral load is undetectable, can I transmit HIV to my partner? 7 January 2019
- I’m thinking about stopping meds due to other health issues, what will happen? 20 December 2018
- Will my HIV meds still be okay after Brexit? 19 December 2018