UK guide to PrEP
- Introduction and access to PrEP in the UK
- What is PrEP?
- Who should take PrEP?
- Who should NOT take PrEP?
- How well does PrEP work?
- PrEP and side effects
- PrEP and drug resistance
- PrEP and other STIs
- Does PrEP interact with any other medications?
- Daily PrEP: for anal and vaginal sex
- On-demand dosing: only for anal sex
- Real-life examples for on-demand dosing
- What to do if you miss a pill
- Tips on taking PrEP
- Is PEP recommended if I am on PrEP?
- Can I switch between daily and event-based dosing?
- Can I stop PrEP completely?
Information about how we produced this guide and the importance of using language that is direct and easy to understand.
This includes information on how to write non technical medical information that may be useful as a resource for other organisations.
Last updated: 4 September 2017.