Pocket ART is an A7-sized guide to HIV treatment (ART). It is an easy introduction to HIV treatment.
ART stands for antiretroviral treatment. HIV drugs are called antiretrovirals because HIV is a retrovirus.
It is an exciting time for HIV care. ART is now the routine next step after finding out you are HIV positive. Taking control over this aspect of your health can be one of the easiest ways to deal with HIV.
Pocket ART guide links
- ART choice – your choices for treatment.
- Side effects – info on side effects
- Adherence tips – information about taking meds.
- START study – information study showing why ART is important even at high CD4 counts.
- PARTNER study – information on study showing no HIV transmissions when viral load is undetectable.
- Quotes this guide – experiences of HIV positive people and advocates.
- References – references used for the guide
- Questions and answers – get answers to your questions.
Full guide to ART
i-Base also produce more detailed information covering all aspects of ART.
This guide is available online and as an A5 booklet.