New: UK guide to PrEP (November 2016)
6 November 2016. Related: News.
A new guide to support people using PrEP in the UK – especially when using generic PrEP bought online. 
This resource is timely given the recent decision by NHS England to block doctors from prescribing PrEP – even to people with a very high HIV risk. [2, 3]
The second edition of this 24-page A5 booklet, was reprinted in November 2016 with minimal changes to the June 2016 edition.
The guide is available in print and online.
The guide includes information about how to use PrEP safely.
- Who could benefit from PrEP.
- How to buy PrEP online.
- Different ways to take PrEP.
- Daily and event based dosing (EBD).
- Important monitoring tests.
- Other considerations.
This publication was produced in collaboration with UK doctors and PrEP advocates from the following organisations and clinics.
Guide to PrEP (Print) ISSN 2398-6409.
Guide to PrEP (Online) ISSN 2398-6417.
- UK guide to PrEP. i-Base collaborative publication. (2nd edition, November 2016)
- Collins S. NHS England confuses arse and elbow: block to PrEP ignores UK HIV crisis and will send PEP services into chaos. HIV Treatment Bulletin, May/June 2016.(2 June 2016)
- NHS England fudges PrEP access and delays on-demand access to PrEP by years; blocks doctors from prescribing PrEP now. (4 December 2016)