CROI 2010: non-technical conference summary
23 March 2010. Related: News, Other reports, Publications.
A non-technical summary from the recent 17th Retrovirus conference has been produced to cover some of the most interesting studies.
This supplement to the March/April issue of HIV Treatment Bulletin will also be distributed separately as a community report.
Covering twelve areas of research and touching on over forty studies, the electronic versions (online and PDF file) include hyperlinks to the original studies on the conference website.
- Introduction: what is CROI?
- HIV treatment reduces transmission: a new theme that is here to stay
- ARVs before and after exposure: PrEP, iPrEP and PEP
- Microbicides – gels to protect against infection
- New drugs and formulations
- Studies with current drugs
- Below and above 50 copies/mL – intensification, blips and rebounds
- HIV and heart disease
- Bone health
- HIV and the brain
- Coinfections: TB and hepatitis C
- Any news of a cure?