study population – the group of people in a study.
Selected words and phrases
T-cell – a type of white blood cell (lymphocyte) that are part of the immune system and that mature in the thymus (T). CD4 cells are also called T-cells.
lactic acidosis – dangerous build up of lactate in the blood.
HSV – Herpes Simplex Virus. HSV-1 is the virus mainly associated with cold sores on your lips or faces. HSV-2 is the virus mainly associated with genital herpes. The viruses are very similar.
PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) – using HIV drugs before sex (and after) to stop the chance of infection.
- UK guide to UK – a 24-page i-Base guide covering PrEP in detail.
How to use PrEP. Buying PrEP online. Essential monitoring tests. Dosing options including both daily and on-demend dosing. Getting PrEP in the UK. Tips for adherence. Links for further information.
- PrEP in Scotland – New version of the PrEP guide for people in Scotland, where PrEP is available on the NHS.
- Pocket guide to PrEP – easy guide on PrEP and how to use it.
- Buying generic PrEP online. Q&A on buying generic PrEP in the UK.
- Reports and articles about all aspects of PrEP. Includes updates on access to PrEP in the UK and latest research into new drugs.