This booklet is about HIV and pregnancy. It includes:
- What to do if you find out that you have HIV when you are pregnant.
- What to do if you already know you are HIV positive and decide to have a baby.
- Antiretrovirals in pregnancy, mothers’ health and babies’ health.
- Having an HIV negative baby if you are HIV positive.
- Safe conception using antiretrovirals for couples where one partner is positive and one is negative.
This is the 8th edition of the i-Base pregnancy guide.
It is about managing HIV and pregnancy in the UK.
The UK national guidelines from the British HIV Association (BHIVA) are now online.
This i-Base guide will help you get the most out of your HIV treatment and care if you are considering pregnancy or during your pregnancy.
We hope that it will be useful at all stages: before, during and after pregnancy. It should help whether or not you are already on HIV treatment. It includes information for your own health and the health of your baby.
Last updated: 1 April 2019.