HIV, pregnancy and women’s health (April 2019)
1 April 2019. Related: Guides, News, Publications.
The April 2019 guide to HIV, Pregnancy and Women’s Health is the 8th edition of this i-Base guide.
- What to do if you find out that you have HIV when you are pregnant.
- What to do if you already know you are HIV positive and decide to have a baby.
- Antiretrovirals in pregnancy, mothers’ health and babies’ health.
- Having an HIV negative baby if you are HIV positive.
- Safe conception using antiretrovirals for couples where one partner is positive and one is negative.
These changes are all based on the UK guidelines from British HIV Association (BHIVA). The UK is one of the safest countries in the world to have a baby. Using ART, good care, and by not breastfeeding, the risk of transmitting HIV to the baby is less than 1 in 1000.