Reports from12th EACS conference
11 February 2010. Related: News.
The following reports from the 12th European AIDS Society Conference held in November 2009, Cologne are included in the January/February issue of HTB.
- Screening for anal cancer recommended for HIV-positive men
- Once-daily darunavir/r monotherapy is suboptimal as initial regimen in treatment-naïve people
- Central fat accumulation remains a significant problem in patients starting HAART after 2005 with higher incidence in women compared to men
- Alendronate improves bone mineral density in HIV-positive people with osteoporosis at 96 weeks
- Pilot PK study of two generic paediatric formulations of lopinavir/ritonavir vs originator products
- TMC278 does not show teratogenic potential in animal models
- No clinically relevant interactions between TMC278 and oral contraceptives (norethindrone plus ethinylestradiol)
- Etravirine pregnancy data from five cases: no dose adjustment required
- Selected PK and drug interaction summaries at EACS