HIV and your quality of life: side effects and other complications (September 2016)
1 August 2016. Related: Guides, Publications.
The 7th edition of this guide focuses on the most commonly used and recommended treatments, including new and recently approved drugs.
It also new sections on a health diet, exercise and keeping active and the positive impact this has on your long-term health.
The online version includes additional material to the print version.
The guide has been written by people who are HIV positive, who have used many of these treatments and had many of the side effects.
It includes information on how to talk to your doctor about side effects. There are sections on each of the major side effects and medical and alternative treatments are included.
This guide will help you:
- Have accurate, up-to-date information about side effects and what to do about them.
- Get the most out of your relationship with your doctor and other health professionals.
- Have information about age-related health issues: diet, exercise, heart disease, bone health and cancer.
- Feel more in control of your treatment.
- Get better medical care and improved health, and
- Achieve a better quality-of-life.