- Odefsey is approved as initial treatment for people age 12 and older who have viral load that is less than 100,000 copies/mL before treatment.
- Odefsey can be used as a switch option if viral load have been undetectable (less than 500 copies/mL) for longer than six months.
- Standard dose is 1 x single tablet, once-daily.
- As with rilpivirine, Odefsey needs to be taken with a meal (to boost rilpivirine levels).
- As with TAF, Odefsey should not be used if creatine clearance is less than 30 mL/min.
- Please see links to individual drugs for further information on side effects.
Odefsey was approved in the US in March 2016 with EU approval expected shortly.
Link to full US prescribing information.