23rd Annual Conference of BHIVA, 4-7 April 2017, Liverpool
This year, the annual BHIVA spring conference was held in Liverpool, and the programme included six special lectures, 30 oral abstracts, 130 posters and numerous additional workshops.
The conference does an excellent job for making most PDF and PowerPoint slides available online as the conference closes, including a PDF of the abstract book, with webcasts from the oral session available within a week or so.
A summary of selected themes and highlights is included in the reports below.
- Drop in HIV incidence in gay men: frequent testing, early ART and PrEP
- Prompt/early ART: Dean Street pilot project reports 75% uptake
- Potential for phylogenetic analysis to show direction of HIV transmission
- Community presentations: dental care, HIV awareness and access to formula milk
- Initiatives for earlier HIV diagnosis: opt-out ER and home testing
- No new HIV cases in 398 people using PrEP at Dean Street clinic
- Other selections and webcasts