Sexual and reproductive health: draft UK guidelines online for comment (2017)
The BHIVA/BASHH/FSRH guidelines for the sexual and reproductive health of people living with HIV 2017 are open for public consultation.
Deadline for comments is 17.30 on Friday 8 December 2017.
These are an update to 2007 guidelines.
The guidelines cover:
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Cervical screening
- Pre-conception advice & conception
- Antiretroviral therapy: impact on transmission & conception
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and pre-exposure-prophylaxis for conception (PrEP-C)
- Investigations in couples affected by HIV, trying to conceive through UPSI
- Contraception for Women with HIV
- Hormonal contraception and antiretroviral drug-drug interactions
- Contraception and HIV Acquisition, Transmission and Disease Progression
- Management of the menopause in women living with HIV
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Female genital mutilation
- Sexual dysfunction and HIV
The guidelines are aimed at all people involved in the provision of services or advice related to the sexual and reproductive health of PLWH and their partners including: HIV clinics, sexual and reproductive health services, primary care, obstetrics, gynaecology and fertility services, community and peer-led organisations, and appropriate commissioners.