PrEP engagement workshops
16 April 2018. Related: Transmission and prevention.
Linked to the ongoing UK PrEP IMPACT trial (see HTB issue 6 for last update), six engagement workshops are planned for community health workers.
The workshops aim to engage with service providers who work with people at risk of HIV, especially from Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, outside of the sexual health clinic setting. These include:
- GPs in areas of high HIV prevalence.
- Family planning and reproductive health services, including abortion services providers.
- Trans service providers including Gender Identity Clinics.
- Sex worker organisations.
- Youth workers organisations – especially those working with vulnerable youth.
- Migrant support organisations.
The aims of the engagement events are:
- To increase knowledge about the PrEP IMPACT trial to networks, organisations, and individuals who engage with and are in contact with individuals or groups who might benefit from participation in the trial;
- To identify and map activities that participants in the above events identify as being key to further engagement with other organisations in their networks, and with their target groups;
- To identify the support and communication needs of event participants about the trial and the information they need to inform their target groups about the trial;
- To bring together those with an interest in the trial and share good practice, learning and experiences from those who have successfully recruited diverse populations.
All workshops are from 2 pm to 5 pm.
17 April: Bristol
Mercure Grand Hotel, Broad Street, BS1 2EL
23 April: Leeds
Cosmopolitan Hotel 2 Lower Briggate, LS1 4AE
30 April: Leicester
Orange Room, Voluntary Action Leicestershire, 9 Newark Street, LE1 5SN
02 May: Brighton
Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton, BN1 1YD
08 May: Croydon
The Business Xchange Hub, 3-5 Marco Polo House, Lansdowne Road, CR0 2BX
14 May: London
St Stephen’s Centre, Mansfield Room, 4th Floor, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, SW10 9NH
For further details please email: