Choice of delivery
This page is part of Pocket ART, an easy guide to HIV treatment.
As with everything else in your pregnancy, you have choices for how your baby will be born.
Some women prefer a vaginal birth and some women prefer a C-section.
These are things to discuss with your health team.
Vaginal delivery is now routinely recommended when viral load is undetectable.
The link below include more information.
- Can I have a vaginal delivery?
- Caesarean section.
- Can I have a vaginal birth if I have had a Caesarean before?
- Why is a Caesarean sometimes recommended if you are HIV positive?
- When should I have a planned Caesarean section?
- What if my waters break before my planned Caesarean section?
- What else do I need to remember for the birth?
18 November 2015. Related: Pocket ART, Pregnancy.