Odefsey (rilpivirine + TAF + emtricitabine)
- Odefsey is approved as initial treatment for people age 12 and older who have viral load that is less than 100,000 copies/mL before treatment.
- Odefsey can be used as a switch option if viral load have been undetectable (less than 500 copies/mL) for longer than six months.
- Standard dose is 1 x single tablet, once-daily.
- As with rilpivirine, Odefsey needs to be taken with a meal (to boost rilpivirine levels).
- As with TAF, Odefsey should not be used if creatine clearance is less than 30 mL/min.
- Please see links to individual drugs for further information on side effects.
Odefsey was approved in the US in March 2016 with EU approval in June 2016.
The European patient information and detailed Product Information for Odefsey are available this link on the European Medicines Agency (EMA) website.
The Patient Information is a simplified summary: what the drug is, why it is used, results from studies and cautions including side effects.
The Product Information is a detailed technical summary that you can access as a PDF file by clicking the ‘Product Information’ tab. It describes more precisely how the drug works and how it is processed by your body. This includes, for example, reported food interaction studies in terms of calories or fat content. It includes more details of the study results and a full list of side effects and drug interactions.