5th International Workshop on HIV Pediatrics, 28-29 June 2013, Kuala Lumpur
The International Workshop on HIV Pediatrics is into its fifth year now an annual fixture, held immediately before the IAS conference.
The meeting provides an excellent opportunity to present work on a subject that often gets overlooked at the larger conferences.
Presentations are a mix of plenary talks, abstracts, clinical case studies and discussions. This year’s meeting was excellent which a strong emphasis on clinical considerations. Topics included cure, adolescents, Option B+, retention in care, long-term complications and TB. There were also presentations on the new WHO guidelines focusing on the paediatric and pregnancy recommendations.
Workshop materials including the programme and abstract book for online viewing are available from the previous meetings section of the Virology Education website.
The abstracts of the 5th International Workshop on HIV Pediatrics are published in Reviews in Antiviral Therapy & Infectious Diseases 2013_7:
The slides are online but the meeting is not webcast:
Co-submission of abstracts to both IAS 2013 and this workshop is possible, so there is some overlap. If there is a webcast of an oral presentation from that meeting we have also included a reference and link.
Articles in this issue include:
- Vertical transmission continues to decline in UK and Ireland
- Decline in late preterm delivery with vaginal birth in Europe
- High loss to follow up among asymptomatic women starting ART in pregnancy in Option B+ programme
- Decreased growth in ART exposed uninfected infants in Botswana
- Antiretrovirals, doses and formulations for children