53rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), 10-13 September 2013, Denver
As HIV research is only a small part of ICAAC these reports of summaries from the meeting are largely thanks to NATAP.org.
The conference only has limited online coverage but this includes access to a PDF file of the programme for a short time after the meeting, which includes study abstracts.
Many of these studies may also be presented at the EACS conference being held in Brussels in early October, and certainly again at the next CROI meeting being held in Boston in March 2014.
Articles in this issue include:
- Raltegravir safe and effective in pregnancy in small French study
- Side effects common but mostly mild in women taking higher dose protease inhibitors in pregnancy
- Good safety profile with long-acting integrase inhibitor GSK744
- TAF comparable to TDF in once-daily pill for ART-naive: 48-week results
- Dolutegravir superior to darunavir at 48 weeks in open-label ART-naive trial