5th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, 19-23 July 2009, Cape Town
As we went to press with this issue of HTB just as this important conference was concluding, we only include a brief overview of some of the most important studies. Further coverage will be included in the next issue.
In this issue we include the following articles:
- Five-year survival rates of 87% without routine CD4 or laboratory monitoring in DART study demonstrate an important model for ARV access programmes
- Biomarkers associated with mortality: long-term follow up from SMART
- Update on Interleukin-2 clinical trials
- Influenza vaccine effective in HIV+ adults
- Reducing HIV transmission during breastfeeding
- Treating children previously exposed to single dose nevirapine
For the first time, web casts of several sessions are available via the conference website together with searchable online abstracts and PDF files of many or the posters or presentations:
The abstract database from the meeting is online at the same site.