Do you have in interest in HIV? Are you interested in improving HIV care in the UK and in better access to treatment?
Administrator and database manager (part time)
We are currently looking for an office administrator who is also able to work with the office databases.
The combined post, working two or three days per week, is based at our office in central London (near Waterloo and London Bridge), and include the following responsibilities:
General office administration includes:
- Monitoring and ordering suppliers.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Dealing with office supply contracts.
- Managing office maintenance.
- Keeping staff records such as holiday and sickness logs.
- Managing petty cash expenditure and record keeping in conjunction with the accounts department.
- Checking and approving office supply invoices
- Answering the phone and dealing with enquiries from service users as well as suppliers.
- Maintaining our IT and Web registrations and renewals.
- Tracking our subscriptions.
- Some proof reading and copy typing.
- Maintaining our library and archive.
HIV i-Base uses Filemaker Pro to maintain subscription and other information. Database management includes:
- Processing orders for publications.
- Printing labels and packing shipments.
- Managing our shipping.
- Liaison with printers and mail organisation.
- Maintaining distribution information and producing reports from it.
- Producing statistical information for our management and funders.
We believe that Filemaker Pro could do more for us but don’t know how to do it, if the candidate had experience with Filmmaker that would be a great bonus.
Experience with Word and Excel are essential. Some experience of Filemanker and InDesign would be useful as would experience with basic website maintenance.
An excellent command of English is essential. The successful candidate will have good language skills, be able to plan their own work but be flexible when required and be able to work with a diverse community of activists.
This is a part time post working two or three days per week. The salary is in the region of £18K to £21K, pro rata, depending on experience.
If you are interested please email Marc Ennals at jobs@i-Base.org.uk with a covering letter and CV.
Further details: i-Base administrator post May 2015 – (PDF)
Treatment writer (part time)
We are always interested in treatment advocate/writers to work on a freelance basis writing for HIV Treatment Bulletin.
If you are interested in this position, please email an introductory letter and examples of written work to Marc Ennals.
i-Base is not set up as a volunteer-based project, but opportunities to volunteer are sometimes available. These are arranged on an individual basis.
Please email Marc Ennals with details if you are interested in volunteering at i-Base.
HIV i-Base is an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications from people living with HIV.
Last updated: 5 May 2015