Achievements and activities
Every year demand increases for i-Base services.
This review provides more details information on key projects.
- i-Base activity on COVID-19 during 2020.
- i-Base 2018 review (PDF) direct services and website etc
- i-Base 2017 review (PDF)
Every year our main projects are:
- A technical review for health workers called HIV Treatment Bulletin.
- During 2020 we also produced 10 supplements on HIV and COVID-19.
- A series of non-technical guides to HIV and treatment. We post more than 50,000 A5 booklets free to UK clinics each year.
- Low-text pocket leaflets – with 30,000 sent free to UK clinics.
- 500,000 visitors to the website each month ~ 6 million a year.
- 10-12,000 individual questions to the Q&A service: answered by phone, email and online.
- Workshops and talks to community groups, including many virtual workshops during 2020.
- Supported the UK-CAB network. raining network of over 800 advocates in the UK (training workshops).
- Translations of copyright-free publications now in over 35 languages.
- Support work with international organisations including Treatment Action Campaign in South Africa and the Southern African HIV Clinician’s Society.
Last updated: 1 December 2020.