RITA: issue on lung health
The latest issue of the community journal Research Action Treatment Initiative (RITA!) is on lung cancer in people with HIV.
The review articles discuss:
- Changes in lung cancer prevalence, incidence, and age at diagnosis in people with HIV.
- The three big risk factors: smoking, low CD4 count and prior lung infection.
- When to screen people with HIV for lung cancer.
- Disparities between people with HIV and the general population in lung cancer treatment and mortality.
- The doctor-oriented interview features Keith Sigel, who has led research on this topic.