Question

My viral load is 40, is this OK?

I just got the the following Viral Load Results:
HIV-1, RNA: less than 40 Copies
CD4+: 592
CD8+: 964
CD4/CD8: 0.61

Can you tell me if it is ok?

Answer

Thanks for getting in touch.

You’re doing great. Your HIV is under control, this is because your viral load is undetectable. Your CD4 count is also within the range that it should be.

Hi Simanga,

What is it that you’d like help with?

2. simanga

not started my treatment and i don’t even know my CD4, how can i get help?

Hi Yolanda,

I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Testing positive can be a shock for most people.

It will probably take a while for the news to sink in. But even if you feel worried, frightened, upset or angry now, it will get easier.

Treatment (called ART) is highly effective and generally easy to take. ART is now routinely recommended for anyone who is HIV positive.

There’s much more info on this page about just finding out you’re HIV positive.

And here’s an Introduction to ART for info about starting treatment.

I hope this can answer some questions. Please let us know if you’d like to know more.

4. Yolanda

Just find out am HIV positive on Friday, it’s a shock I dnt sleep got lost of questions what to do now

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *