These are the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about starting treatment.
- When should I start treatment?
- Can I start treatment with a high CD4 count?
- Will “immune boosters” help my CD4 count?
- How quickly should CD4 and viral loads change after starting treatment?
- Does everybody get resistance?
- Are generic drugs the same as brand name drugs?
- Are there still differences in treatment guidelines?
- What are the long-term effects of HIV treatment?
- Should I start treatment in seroconversion?
- My CD4 count is very low, will treatment still work?
If your question is not answered here, please ask your question online and we will be happy to answer it.
Further information about starting treatment is in our Introduction to combination therapy.
Last updated: 4 January 2016.