Further Glasgow and Retrovirus reports
Report from Sixth ICDTHI – Glasgow, November 2002. IAPAC January 2003
Heavy lifting in Glasgow (wherein HIV researchers uncrate some Clydeside surprises)
Report from Sixth International Congress on Drug Therapy in HIV Infection, 17-21 November 2002, Glasgow, in IAPAC Monthly.
10th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI)
Links to further online coverage:
- Challenges in Evaluating HIV Vaccine Candidates: A Symposium
- Nevirapine Versus Efavirenz: The 2NN Study
- Resistance Testing Plays an Increasingly Important Role in HIV Therapy Decisions
- Drug-Resistant HIV Persists after Treatment Interruption, but Suppression Possible
- Protease Inhibitors Linked to Increased Stroke Risk
- Genital Tract HIV Viral Load Fluctuates During the Menstrual Cycle
- HIV/HCV Co-infected Patients Are at Increased Risk of Hepatic Decompensation
- Immune Reconstitution Is Not Associated with Liver Disease Progression
Over 20 individual news reports and expert commentaries. Longer overview articles to be published online shortly.
Full Retrovirus coverage, 45 reports so far (lipodystrophy, STIs/interruptions, Hep C & B, acute HIV, reservoirs etc. More coming.
- Entry Inhibitors, the how and why of new agents at Retrovirus: an update
- “908”: New formulation of amprenavir
- Tipranavir report: phase II dose study
- New HIV antiretroviral drugs: atazanavir resistance, T-1249 for T-20 resistance, plus more
- New HIV drugs at retrovirus 2003
Site providing many useful summaries
AIDS Treatment News no. 399
Conference coverage and links including first of a 2-part interview with Dr Cal Cohen.
Clinical Care Options for HIV
New site in association with Northwestern University Medical School offering coverage that includes bullet text, tables, and figures from the studies covered.
The Clinical Care Options for HIV Conference Coverage program is free but require one-time registration.
Link to Clinton speech at opening ceremony