Launch of new EMA website
The European Medicines Agency has launched a new website, accessible at the same address:
New features include:
- Quick medicine searches: Allows you to search for human and veterinary medicines by name and active substance and for herbal medicinal substances by name.
- An online library: Enables you to search for all Agency documents currently online through a search on title and date published online.
- Improved navigation: More intuitive labelling and improved organisation of content so that browsing is quicker for all audience groups.
- Audience landing pages: Flags information of specific value to different key users.
- Online calendar and news search: Allows you to keep up to date with the latest news and events at the Agency.
- RSS feeds: Brings information straight to you as soon as it is published online.
Hepatitis C drug resistance slide set
The Forum for Collaborative HIV Researchs HCV Drug Development Advisory Group (academicians, clinicians, researchers and patient advocates) have contributed to a slide deck explaining resistance in HCV, its consequences as well as its mitigation. The slide deck explains important drug resistance concepts in HCV, including:
- How resistance can arise before, during and after stopping therapy;
- The mechanism of action of direct acting antivirals (DAAs) and their effects on viral kinetics and the possibility of cure;
- How mutations lead to changes which makes the virus resistant to DAAs;
- Viral, drug and patient factors that influence treatment outcomes.
Paediatric HIV studies: collected reports
The Southern African Journal of HIV Medecine (Vol 10, No 4; 2009) has published a collection of articles on paediatric care including by Polly Clayden, HIV i-Base. The article is available in PDF format and like all journal contents is available free online.