BHIVA guidelines for TB/HIV coinfection (2009): online for comment
The 2009 draft of the proposed BHIVA guidelines on TB/ HIV co-infection are posted online and available for comment.
These guidelines have been drawn up to help doctors manage adults with TB/HIV co-infection. They have been extensively revised since the last edition in 2005; most sections have been amended and areas where there is a need for clinical trials or additional data have been highlighted.
The major changes/amendments include:
- A more detailed discussion of gamma interferon tests;
- An update of the drug interactions section and tables;
- An updated section on choice of NNRTI;
- A new section on isoniazid resistance and XDR;
- Guidance on the diagnosis of IRIS;
- New tables for management of adverse reactions.
The Guidelines Writing Group is grateful for all comments. The deadline for comments is Friday 1 May 2009.