3rd International Workshop on HIV and ageing, 5-6 November 2012, Baltimore
The 3rd International Workshop on HIV and Ageing took place from 5-6 November 2012 in Baltimore.
Highlights of the meeting included the following talks.
- HIV disease progression is associated with exhaustion of lymphopoiesis driven by immune activation – Victor Appay.
- An overview of cellular senescence – Norman Sharpless.
- Higher veterans aging cohort study (VACS) index scores are associated with concurrent risk of neurocognitive impairment – David Moore.
- Association of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder with frailty in HIV-1-seropositive men – Bryan Smith.
- Effect of aerobic exercise training in older HIV-infected patients – Kris Oursler.
- General overview of aging as multi-system failure – Russell Tracy.
- Multimorbidity, risk assessment, and personalised health care for those aging with HIV – Amy Justice.
Abstracts from this meeting are published in Reviews in Antiviral Therapy & Infectious Diseases and a PDF version of the abstract book can be downloaded from the conference website.
Many of the slide sets from the oral presentations are also available.
http://regist2.virology-education.com/abstractbook/2012_9.pdf (PDF file of abstract book)