4th International Workshop on HIV & Women, 13-14 January 2014, Washington
1 February 2014. Related: Conference reports, Conference index, Intl Workshop on HIV and Women 4th 2014.
Despite cut backs, travel restrictions and horrible weather, attendance at the 4th International Workshop on HIV and Women exceeded expectations – and the past three meetings – with over 50 abstracts and 130 participants.
This years meeting included presentations on treatment, models of care, contraception, prevention, menopause, pregnancy and infant outcomes.
Slide presentations are online at:
Abstracts from the workshop are published in the journal Reviews in Antiviral Therapy & Infectious Diseases 1 2014.
Reports from this workshop are:
- Women, HIV research and antiretrovirals
- Improved virological outcomes for women starting efavirenz-based first-line regimens in South Africa
- High rates of pregnancy in HIV positive women in Zambia and South Africa
- Contraceptive choices among a Canadian cohort of HIV positive women
- Bone disease and older HIV positive women
- Lower immune response to the qHPV vaccine in HIV positive girls
- HIV exposed vs unexposed babies have lower gestational age and birth weight in Danish study
- Outcomes in infants exposed to lopinavir/ritonavir in utero