3rd Joint Conference of BHIVA/BASHH, 1-4 April 2014, Liverpool
27 May 2014. Related: Conference reports, Conference index, BHIVA/BASHH 3rd Liverpool 2014.
The Third Joint BHIVA/BASHH conference was held from 1-4 April 2014 in Liverpool.
This was a lively meeting attended by over 1000 delegates and with the overlapping interests of each society benefitting the overall programme. Although the four-day meeting only included 45 oral abstract presentations, there were close to an additional 450 posters.
The abstract book from the meeting is available online as a PDF file and BHIVA continues to webcast some of the oral sessions online with PowerPoint slides from all other oral presentations.
Reports in this issue are:
- 75% of UK seroconverters start ART within two years of infection: treating during primary infection should be a patient choice
- PIVOT study: further analysis from five-year PI/r monotherapy strategy study
- Sexually transmitted HCV in HIV positive and negative gay men
- Annual HCV testing and use of core antigen to reduce costs and increase diagnosis during acute HCV
- HIV positive attitudes to involvement as donors and recipients in organ transplant programmes