Fourth Joint Conference of BHIVA/BASHH (4th BHIVA/BASHH)
21 May 2018. Related: Conference reports, Conference index, BHIVA/BASHH 4th Edinburgh 2018.
17–20 April 2018, Edinburgh
This issue of HTB continues our reports from the Fourth Joint Conference of the British HIV Association (BHIVA) with the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) was held from 17 – 20 April in Edinburgh.
As with previous joint meetings, the programme expanded to include a broader focus on sexual health with almost 1000 delegates and 400 poster presentations.
Materials from the conference, including the programme and abstract book are now online, together with slides for many of the oral presentations. Webcasts from the oral presentations are now also online.
Abstract book (direct link):
Short summary articles of some of the highlights are included below.
- Low awareness of PEP and PrEP among trans people in London and their partners
- Low awareness of PrEP in BME communities in Leeds but high interest in use
- Younger people living with HIV more likely to have a positive self image
- Zero or negligible risks of HIV, HBV or HCV transmission by biting or spitting
- UK-CAB community representation on guideline panels and research studies