25th Annual BHIVA Conference (BHIVA 2019)
2 – 5 April 2019, Bournemouth
The 25th Annual BHIVA Conference was held this year in Bournemouth and included an impressive programme that covered the diversity of the UK healthcare response to HIV.
There were 486 delegates registered for the conference and this number included 12 BHIVA Scholarship winners and 40 Community Registration places.
Webcasts are already online for all talks from the main programme, including abstract presentations.
This year it is also really helpful that most posters are also available to download as PDF files.
https://www.bhiva.org/file/5ca469a56b895/AbstractBook2019.pdf (PDF abstract book)
Articles in this issue include:
- Fifty new HIV diagnoses at Dean Street linked to cap on IMPACT study
- Management of testosterone deficiency in HIV positive people
- Importance of including menopause and bone health in management of HIV positive women
- Type 2 diabetes is often undermanaged in HIV positive people
- Adopting new US blood pressure targets for HIV positive people could reduce cardiovascular-related deaths
- Selected webcasts from BHIVA 2019