BHIVA 2022 ART guidelines: online with non-technical summary
Simon Collins, HIV i-Base
The 2022 antiretroviral therapy (ART) guidelines are now online, together with a non-technical summary. [1, 2]
They provide guidance on best clinical practice for ART and management of adults living with HIV.
The scope includes:
- Starting ART in those previously naïve to therapy.
- Support for people already on ART.
- Management of viral rebound.
- Changing ART for tolerability and/or toxicity issues.
- Recommendations for specific populations where other factors are important.
The guidelines are written for healthcare professionals directly involved with and responsible for the care of adults living with HIV, community advocates responsible for promoting the best interests and care of adults living with HIV, and people living with HIV for whom a non-technical summary is also available, if preferred.
They should be read in conjunction with other published BHIVA guidelines.
BHIVA also publishes the consultation comments received to the first draft of these guidelines and the responses from the guideline panel. 
- BHIVA guidelines on antiretroviral treatment for adults living with HIV-1 2022
- Non-technical community summaries.
- BHIVA. Consultation comments on the initial draft and panel responses.