15th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, 2-6 February 2008, Boston
2 April 2008. Related: Conference reports, Conference index, CROI 15 (Retrovirus) 2008.
This annual conference is one of the most important annual scientific meetings.
Abstracts for the meeting are online as soon as the conference opens, and many of the most important oral abstract sessions and overview sessions are posted as webcasts within a day or so. We encourage readers to go directly to the source for many of these sessions
This issue includes reports on antiretrovirals and treatment strategies, prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), hepatitis coinfection and oncology:
- Baseline inflammation and coagulation markers and changes over four weeks during a treatment interruption are strongly linked to HIV viraemia and risk of mortality
- Restarting treatment after an interruption reduces the risk of serious events but CD4 recovery falls short of baseline levels
- Predictors of mother to child transmission among women initiating HAART in pregnancy in a South African cohort
- Nevirapine-resistant HIV present in the latent reservoir following single-dose nevirapine for MTCT prevention
- UK cohort reports sexual HCV reinfection in at least 5% HIV-positive gay men following sustained response to treatment
- Stem cell transplant from HLA-matched CCR5-delta 32 deleted donor suppresses viraemia in recipient for 8 months without HAART
Further coverage will be included in subsequent issues of HTB.