Medscape articles and online papers
The following journal articles are available online in full. Medscape requires a simple one-time free online registration.
Official Journal of the International AIDS Society Volume 124, Number 5
- AIDS events among individuals initiating HAART: do some patients experience a greater benefit from HAART than others?
- Clinical management of depression and anxiety in HIV-infected adults
Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes Volume 40, Number 5
- HIV infection does not affect the performance of noninvasive markers of fibrosis for the diagnosis of hepatitis C virus-related liver disease
Noninvasive markers of hepatic fibrosis hold great promise to stage liver fibrosis and to monitor disease progression. This study concluded: the diagnostic performance of the evaluated noninvasive markers of liver fibrosis is equivalent in HCV/HIV-coinfected and HCV-infected subjects. These tests may be of value for the clinical evaluation of HCV/HIV-coinfected patients and warrant further study.
- Prednisolone pharmacokinetics in the presence and absence of ritonavir after oral prednisone administration to healthy volunteer
Study showing a significant interaction that may require caution given side effects associated with corticosteroid use that concluded: Ritonavir significantly increased the systemic exposure of prednisolone in healthy subjects. Results from this investigation suggest that corticosteroid exposure is likely elevated in HIV-infected patients receiving protease inhibitors.
HIV Medicine Volume 6, Number 6
- Impact of antiretroviral choice on hypercholesterolaemia events: the role of the Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitor back bone
- The effect of low-dose ritonavir monotherapy on fasting serum lipid concentrations
The AIDS Reader
The AIDS Reader Volume 15, Number 6
- Multidrug-resistant HIV
- Memory loss in persons with HIV/AIDS: assessment and strategies for coping
- Effect of recombinant human growth hormone on exercise capacity in patients with HIV-associated wasting on HAART
AIDS Clinical Care
AIDS Clinical Care Volume 3, Number 12
- Diabetes drugs for HIV lipodystrophy
- An added value of rapid testing: improved quality of care