Q and A


Can I move to Australia?

Hi, I want to immigrate to Australia. I’m 27 year old, male, HIV positive and undetectable since 2007.
Is it hard to get a permanent or residence visa on Australia to HIV positive people?


Thanks for getting in touch.

We get asked these types of questions quiet often. Travel to Australia is perfectly fine, and having an undetectable viral load is very important. As to whether you’ll be give a permanent  visa, this will depend on the type of job you do.

There’s a detailed answer to this question here:



  1. Roy Trevelion

    Hi Albintu,

    Currently, as in almost every country of the world, foreigners applying for most types of Australian visas, excluding temporary visitor visas, require a health check. The certified results are a required part of their immigration documents.

    Please see Australian Visa Health Requirements.

  2. Albintu

    How easy it is to migrate to Australia with an HIV+ status?

  3. Roy Trevelion

    Hi Thonisa,

    Please see HIV travel. This site gives information on regulations on entry, stay and residence for people living with HIV.

  4. Thonisa

    Im a 33 years old male from Zimbabwe and want to relocate to Australia.Is it possible with my health status to seek Job in Australia?


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *