Question

Can I work in the UK?

I am being offered a job in UK but I am HIV positive from last 7+ years undergoing ART treatment since I was diagnosed positive, is it ok or not?

Answer

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes its OK for you to live in the UK, you being positive won’t be an issue.

You will also be able to get free HIV treatment and monitoring.

Please bring a summary of your medical history with you so the new doctor has these notes.

Please also get in touch with i-Base again if you need information about how to register at a clinic. It is good to bring at least a month of meds with you though – more if possible. This is so there is not a pressure on getting the new clinic with often takes a few weeks.

Hi Nombuyiselo,

If you’re asking if you’ll be able to access ARVs in the UK, the answer is yes. ARVs are free for anyone who lives in the UK. The following link has info about HIV clinics in the UK. https://i-base.info/find-or-change-clinic/

If you do come to the UK if you can you should bring a copy of your medical record as well as few months supply of ARVs.

2. Nombuyiselo

I’m found the job in UK.if I want to continue my medication in UK.no problem if I’m going to the clinic at uk