Q and A


Can I move to the UK even if I’m positive?

I’m from India. I’d like to apply for a visa to study in the UK, can I do this?


Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes you can apply for a visa to study in the UK, your status won’t be an issue.

ARVs in the UK are also free to people who live here. This means you’ll still be able to access ARVs as well as have your check ups done.

When you are here, please contact i-Base or another HIV organisation if you need help to find a clinic.

There are a lot of clinics across the UK. The following link has more information:


  1. Roy Trevelion

    Hi Yakabu,

    There are no restrictions on entry to the US for people who are HIV positive. For more info please see this page on the US at HIV travel.

  2. Yakubu

    Please can I be able to get US visa to travel on vacation or my status will be an hindrance?


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *