FAQs on having a baby
These are the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about having a baby.
- I am a positive woman, can I have a baby?
- I am a positive man, can I have a baby?
- How should we conceive a baby?
- I am pregnant and newly diagnosed, what should I do?
- Can I have a vaginal delivery?
- Can I take efavirenz (Sustiva) when I’m pregnant?
- What is the safest way to feed my baby?
- Are ARVs safe in pregnancy?
- Is reinfection a risk if two HIV positive people are undetectable?
If your question is not answered here, please ask your question online and we will be happy to answer it.
Further information about pregnancy and childbirth is included in the i-Base guide to HIV, pregnancy and women’s health.
Artwork copyright Keith Haring Studio
Last updated: 4 April 2022.