Question

Tribuss as PEP and the side effects

I’m on day 7 of my 28 day PEP treatment using tribuss. I am unable to sleep as I tend to have serious nightmares. When I wake up the following day I have massive dizziness like those experienced during a bad hangover. Is there a remedy for this as I am very concerned about the three weeks ahead

Answer

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Dizziness is a common side effect when taking ARVs that contain efavirenz. They do though usually go within a few weeks. For more info please see the following:

http://i-base.info/guides/side/cns-side-effects

Because you’re only taking ARVs for 28 days, if the side effects continue, they will go when you stop taking tribuss.

Hi Norman,

Why were you prescribed other meds? Were you having problems with Tribuss? How long have you been on your new combination?

If you’re having side effects and you’ve been on the new combination for more than a few weeks, you may need to change.

2. Norman

I was taking Trubuss prescribed by my Gp,a Specialist in Hospital Prescribed Lamuvudine 150 mg,Abacavir & Efavirenz 600 mg,since i started taking these l always experience Shortness of Breathing,tiredness &Filling Hot and start Sweating!what shoutd i do ?