The following tips are from the i-Base Introduction to ART.
Some drugs have more flexibility with timing.
Remember that recommendations to take with or without food are important.
- Find out what is involved. How many pills? How often? How exact is timing?
- Use a daily or weekly pill box. You can see if you miss a dose.
- Use the timetable on the next page. Mark off each dose and the time that you take it.
- Talk to your doctor if you have trouble.
- Set up an alarm using your mobile phone or watch.
- Take extra meds if you travel in case flights change.
- Keep an emergency supply.
- Ask a friend to help you remember.
- Ask friends if they have ideas that can help.
Last updated: 1 January 2018.